Advanced Laparoscopy –
What is advanced Laparoscopy ?
Laparoscopic techniques have become an integral part of the operative management in virtually every realm of general surgery. Laparoscopic surgery is often referred to as minimally invasive surgery.
Advanced Laparoscopy is a development in laparoscopic Surgery made possible with modern high definition cameras, light scourges, telescopes, instruments and vessel sealing systems which make the surgery easier.
Preoperative treatment prior to any Laparoscopic Surgery Sangli
- The following includes typical events that may occur prior to laparoscopic surgery; however, since each patient and surgeon is unique, what will actually occur may be different:
- Preoperative preparation includes blood work, medical evaluation, and an ECG depending on your age and medical condition. Laparoscopic surgery Sangli
- After your surgeon reviews with you the potential risks and benefits of the operation, you will need to provide written consent for surgery.
- It is recommended that you shower the night before or the morning of the operation. Your surgeon may also want you to use an antibiotic soap. Laparoscopic surgery Sangli
- After midnight the night before the operation, you should not eat or drink anything. You may take medications that your surgeon has told you are permissible to take with a sip of water the
morning of surgery. Laparoscopic surgery Sangli
- Drugs such as blood thinners, anti-inflammatory medications (arthritis medications) may need to be stopped temporarily for several days to a week prior to surgery.
- Quit smoking and arrange for any help you may need at home.
- Shaving your abdomen is usually done by hospital staff before surgery.
- In few surgeries, bowel is cleansed with purgatives the night prior to surgery
BASIC LAPAROSCOPIC SURGERY Sangli
Appendicectomy, Cholecystectomy(Gall Bladder removal), Gastro intestinalHernia
ADVANCED LAPAROSCOPIC SURGERY SANGLI
Advanced laparoscopic procedures include antireflux surgery(Fundoplications), Heller myotomy(Achalasia Cardia), Splenectomy, Adrenalectomy, Nephrectomy, Liver resection, small bowel resection, Surgery for RGastrointestinalProlapsed, Malignancies
Endoscopy differs from Laparoscopy in following aspects –
- Endoscopy is seeing a hollow organ from the inner aspect – esophagus, stomach, and colon
- Surgery cannot be performed endoscopically
- Laparoscopic surgery is done after installing CO2 into the abdominal cavity from the exterior of a hollow organ.
- Less pain Laparoscopic surgery Sangli
- More cosmetic –scar less /minimal scarring
- Early return of bowel function
- Fewer chances of post-operative hernias or wound infection
- Less hospitalization and return to work
- More cost effective in long run Laparoscopic surgery Sangli
- Fewer chances of adhesion Laparoscopic surgery Sangli
- Whole abdomen/ thorax can be visualized in a magnified way Laparoscopic surgery Sangli