Laparoscopic surgery is often referred to as minimally invasive surgery. Laparoscopy utilizes small (1/2 inch or smaller) incisions instead of the large incision used in traditional open surgical procedures. Through the small incisions trocars (pen shaped tubes with a valve) are inserted into the abdominal cavity, which is inflated with carbon dioxide gas to create space between the internal organs and allow visualization and organ manipulation. One of the trocars is used to allow access for the video camera, whic also has a built-in light source.
After completing his DNB General Surgical training,he joined the prestigious GEM hospital in Coimbatore and completed 2 years of training in Minimal Access Surgery and was awarded the Degree of F.N.B(Minimal Access Surgery) by the National Board Of Examinations New Delhi,being the only one in Maharashtra to have such kind of degree and training.In GEM he had exposure of the basic and advanced laparoscopic procedures under the guidance of Padmashri Dr.C . Palanivelu -the Father Of Laparoscopic Surgery In India -a great teacher,mentor and Surgeon par excellence. Best Laparoscopic Surgeon Pune, Best Laparoscopic Surgeon Pune
WHY LAPAROSCOPY ?
- Less pain
- More cosmetic –scarless /minimal scarring
- Early return of bowel function Best Laparoscopic Surgeon Pune
- Less chances of post operative hernias or wound infection
- Less hospitalization and return to work
- More cost effective in long run
- Less chances of adhesions Best Laparoscopic Surgeon Pune
- Whole abdomen and thorax can be visualized in magnified way Best Laparoscopic Surgeon Pune
Best Laparoscopic Surgeon Pune, Best Laparoscopic Surgeon Pune