DR. KEDAR PATIL
Bariatric Surgeon, Pune
Dr.Kedar was fortunate enough to be trained at the best institutes in India and abroad .
Getting to learn from the masters at some of the World renowned Centers of Excellence is a unique, enlightening experience, Obesity specialists Pune.
Its been a long journey of of training and he wishes to pay his gratitude towards those who guided and trained him.
He completed his training in Bariatric and Metabolic Surgery in Taiwan for a duration of 7 months in 2014.
After completing his DNB General Surgical training,he joined the prestigious GEM Hospital in Coimbatore and completed 2 years of training in Minimal Access Surgery and was awarded the Degree of F.N.B(Minimal Access Surgery) by the National Board Of Examinations New Delhi, being trained at on of the most prestigious center in India, he is considered to be the best laparoscopic surgeon in Pune.
Dr.Kedar received training in General Surgery at Poona Hospital, Pune.In Poona hospital, he had a good opportunity to be trained by some of the best Surgeons in Pune along with the best modern medical technologies.
Dr.Kedar received training in Gastrointestinal onco-surgery at Tata Hospital, Mumbai for a duration of six months.It was a unique experience of its kind with the huge number of cancer patients coming from all parts of India to this world renowned Institute.
WHAT IS OBESITY?
WHAT ARE THE CAUSES OF OBESITY?
Obesity can be caused due to various factors, as the most common issues are intake of poor diet, lack of physical activity, genetics, psychological factors, lack of enough sleep, stress, consuming more calories, medications, and many more things which can cause obesity. If calorie or fat intake is controlled and a proper exercise routine and a proper diet is followed then obesity can be controlled. It is necessary to consult the doctor for the treatment of obesity as they can properly diagnose and suggest an appropriate treatment plan which can help to improve health and lose weight effectively.
HOW TO PREVENT OBESITY?
- Healthy eating
- Making physical activity your best friend
WHY TREATMENT FOR OBESITY IS NEEDED?
Obesity is a major cause of concern in today’s world which if not treated can cause severe health issues like diabetes, hypertension, joint pain, snoring and sleep apnea, PCOD, infertility, cancer and more. Therefore, it is necessary to consult a specialist for obesity-related issues. Obesity can be treated both surgically and non-surgically depending upon one’s body condition. It requires determination, mentally & physically to overcome obesity. Dr. Kedar Patil has helped many patients lose excess weight through his weight loss plans and treatment methods.
With years of practice and experience, Dr. Kedar Patil exactly knows which type of treatment is required for the person suffering from obesity. World over Obesity treatment is guided by BMI (Body Mass Index) more the BMI, the more severe is the obesity. There are many people who despite trying various remedies fail to achieve the desired results due to a lack of proper guidance.
WHAT MAKES DR. KEDAR PATIL THE MOST SOUGHT-AFTER OBESITY SPECIALIST IN PUNE?
Dr. Kedar Patil is a highly experienced obesity specialist in Pune who has successfully treated patients suffering from obesity like Aishwarya (Name Changed) who was suffering from obesity for a long time. Even after trying so many methods, Aishwarya was unable to lose weight, and then she finally underwent treatment from Dr. Kedar Patil.
Speaking about Surgical treatment options patients feel reluctant to undergo any surgery as was the case with Aishwarya but seeing the results of patients after attending the support group meeting ‘Snehabandh’ which is conducted by Dr. Kedar Patil and his team every 3 monthly, she got ready for bariatric surgery as it was the most appropriate available option for her. Aishwarya successfully lost 50 kgs of weight after undergoing bariatric surgery under the supervision of Dr. Patil, who helped her throughout the treatment from counseling to helping her make changes in her daily routine.
WHY PRESIZE CLINIC IS CONSIDERED THE BEST OBESITY CLINIC IN PUNE?
There are many obesity clinics in Pune but Presize Clinic is one of the few obesity clinics which provide complete support to patients right from the initial visit of the patient till the end of treatment and it’s a personalized treatment. Weight loss is not only achieved through proper guidance but also through effective planning and inspiring people to make small but meaningful changes to their lifestyle like diet, exercise and taking the proper amount of rest. Those with severe Obesity are offered Bariatric Surgery as well.
We at Presize Clinic have a team of Doctors, Dieticians, Physiotherapists, Counsellors who help patients at every step of weight loss right from Consultation to Follow up and weight loss maintenance even after treatment is over through our obesity support group initiative ‘Snehabandh ‘in which we take care of patients who are suffering from obesity.
Presize Clinic has a team of experts who monitor the improvement in patients by using new technologies that deliver optimum results for patients.
Personalized care at affordable cost by well-qualified experts is the main treatment motto of Presize Clinic.
COST OF OBESITY TREATMENT IN PUNE
|Non Surgical Weight Loss Package Supervised by Doctor, Dietician and Exercise Consultant for 1 month||5000/-|
|Consultation for Weight Loss with Body Composition analysis||1200/-|
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
A person suffering from obesity should have regular home-cooked food and refrain from eating more than thrice and snacking more than twice a day. They need to restrict calories and intake only those much as per their body requirements .Depending on the severity of their Obesity they may reach out to an obesity specialist.
Yes, obesity can be cured. Depending on the severity of an individual’s case it can either be cured through Non Surgical ways or bariatric surgery.
Presize clinic is the leading medical clinic that offers effective treatment for obesity. Dr Kedar Patil is an Obesity specialist in Pune who is highly skilled in managing persons suffering from obesity.
DR. KEDAR PATIL DELIVERING LECTURES
- Five year results of RYGB in high volume centre in Asia-Obesity Surgery .OBES SURG (2015) 25 (Suppl 1):S1–S364.
- Sleeve Gastrectomy –Standardization Of technique at teaching institute – OBES SURG (2015) 25 (Suppl 1):S1–S364.
- Liver retraction techniques in Single incision laparoscopic surgery for the exposure of hiatus –J Minim Access Surg. 2015 Jul-Sep; 11(3): 198–202.
- Laparoscopic assisted Pararectal cyst management –Indian J Surg. 2015 Dec; 77(Suppl 3): 1415–1416.
- Factors affecting conversion of Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy to open Surgery –Paper Presentation at MASICON 2009 (Annual conference of Maharashtra State Chapter of Association of Surgeons of India); Feb 2009, Aurangabad.
- Liver retraction techniques in Single Incision Surgery – Best paper category at MASICON 2012; Jan 2012, Pune.
- Bariatric surgery with Ventral Hernia repair –Experience at a tertiary care centre- Paper presentation at MASICON 2012 ;Jan 2012 ,Pune.
- Acute Cholecystitis-is it time to change the operative timing? –Paper Presentation at IHPBA (10th Annual National Conference of Indian chapter of International Hepato Pancreto Biliary Association); 2013, Coimbatore.
- Five Year results of RYGB at a High Volume Centre In Asia-Paper Presentation presented at OSSICON 2015 Annual Conference of Obesity and Metabolic Surgery Society of India ; Jan 2015,Mumbai.
- Five year results of RYGB in high volume centre in Asia-Paper Presentation and Sleeve Gastrectomy Standardization of technique Video Presentation at IFSO2015-Annual World Conference of Bariatric and Metabolic Surgery ; August 2015 ,Vienna, Austria
- Mishaps in Bariatric Surgery –Video Presentation at OSSICON 2017 Annual Conference of Obesity and Metabolic Surgery Society of India; April 2017, Goa.
- Laparoscopic hernioplasty for recurrent Inguinal hernia -Video Presentation at IHC Delhi-International Hernia Collaboration; May 2018, New Delhi.
- Technique of Laparoscopic Proximal Jejunal bypass- Video Presentation at IFSO 2018– 23rd World Congress Of the International federation for the Surgery of Obesity and Metabolic Disorders ;September 2018,Dubai.
- Laparoscopic Hiatal Hernioplasty for Large Hiatal Hernia –Video Presentation at the Best Video Session at International Hernia Carnival; March 2020, Chennai.