Call : +(91)-8888655455
Mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
Address : Office No 303, Shivai 1, Sinhagad Road, Parvati Paytha, Landmark Nearby Sarasbaug and Dandekar Pul. Pune 411028, Maharashtra, India.
LAPAROSCOPIC CHOLECYSTECTOMY –
Gallbladder removal is one of the most commonly performed surgical procedures. Gallbladder removal surgery is usually performed with minimally invasive techniques and the medical name for this procedure is “Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy”.
WHAT IS THE LAPAROSCOPIC CHOLECYSTECTOMY?
- Gallbladder removal is one of the most commonly performed surgical procedures. Gallbladder removal surgery is usually performed with minimally invasive techniques and the medical name for this procedure is “Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy”.
WHAT IS THE FUNCTION OF GALL BLADDER?
- The gallbladder is a pear-shaped organ that rests beneath the right side of the liver.
- Its main purpose is to collect and concentrate a digestive liquid (bile) produced by the liver. Bile is released from the gallbladder after eating, aiding digestion. Bile travels through narrow tubular channels (bile ducts) into the small intestine.
WHAT CAUSES GALLBLADDER STONES?
- Gallbladder problems are usually caused by the presence of gallstones which are usually small and hard, consisting primarily of cholesterol and bile salts that form in the gallbladder or in the bile duct.
- The risk factors include being female, prior pregnancy, age over 40 years and being overweight. Gallstones are also more common as you get older and some people may have a family history of gallstones.
- These stones may block the flow of bile out of the gallbladder, causing it to swell and resulting in sharp abdominal pain, vomiting, indigestion and, occasionally, fever.
- If the gallstone blocks the common bile duct, jaundice (a yellowing of the skin) can occur. If it blocks the Pancreatic duct it would produce a serious problem of Pancreatitis
HOW ARE THESE PROBLEMS FOUND AND TREATED?
- Ultrasound is most commonly used to find gallstones.
- In a few more complex cases, other X-ray test such as a CT scan or a gallbladder nuclear medicine scan may be used to evaluate gallbladder disease.
- Gallstones do not go away on their own. Symptoms will eventually continue unless the gallbladder is removed. Treatments to break up or dissolve gallstones are largely unsuccessful.
- Surgical removal of the gallbladder is the time honored and safest treatment of gallbladder disease.
WHY IS LAPAROSCOPY PREFERRED OVER OPEN SURGERY?
- Less pain
- More cosmetic –scarless /minimal scarring
- Early return of bowel function
- Less chances of post operative hernias or wound infection
- Less hospitalization and return to work
- More cost effective in long run
Watch the below Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy videos by clicking the link below.